blob: 1277a6c25fcdfdfe12da8836a734b7db848e3498 (plain
* Temporary redefinition of "isprint()" to cope with GTK+ 1.3 and
* later using UTF-8 strings
* Wireshark - Network traffic analyzer
* By Gerald Combs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Copyright 1998 Gerald Combs
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
* as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
* of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
#if GLIB_MAJOR_VERSION >= 2
* XXX - "isprint()" can return "true" for non-ASCII characters, but
* those don't work with GTK+ 1.3 or later, as they take UTF-8 strings
* as input. Until we fix up Wireshark to properly handle non-ASCII
* characters in all output (both GUI displays and text printouts)
* in those versions of GTK+, we work around the problem by escaping
* all characters that aren't printable ASCII.
* We don't know what version of GTK+ we're using, as dissectors don't
* use any GTK+ stuff; we use GLib as a proxy for that, with GLib 2.x
* implying GTK+ 1.3 or later (we don't support GLib 1.3[.x]).
#define isprint(c) (c >= 0x20 && c < 0x7f)