Information for Upgrading From Previous Asterisk Releases
* The CallerID fields across Manager events have now been made more
consistent. CallerID Number will be sent as CallerIDNum and CallerID
Name will be sent as CallerIDName wherever used.
* Macros are now implemented underneath with the Gosub() application.
Heaven Help You if you wrote code depending on any aspect of this!
Previous to 1.6, macros were implemented with the Macro() app, which
provided a nice feature of auto-returning. The compiler will do its
best to insert a Return() app call at the end of your macro if you did
not include it, but really, you should make sure that all execution
paths within your macros end in "return;".
* The 'languageprefix' option in asterisk.conf is now deprecated, and
the default sound file layout for non-English sounds is the 'new
style' layout introduced in Asterisk 1.4 (and used by the automatic
sound file installer in the Makefile).
* The voicemail configuration values 'maxmessage' and 'minmessage' have
been changed to 'maxsecs' and 'minsecs' to clarify their purpose and
to make them more distinguishable from 'maxmsgs', which sets folder
size. The old variables will continue to work in this version, albeit
with a deprecation warning.
* If you use any interface for modifying voicemail aside from the built in
dialplan applications, then the option "pollmailboxes" *must* be set in
voicemail.conf for message waiting indication (MWI) to work properly. This
is because Voicemail notification is now event based instead of polling
based. The channel drivers are no longer responsible for constantly manually
checking mailboxes for changes so that they can send MWI information to users.
Examples of situations that would require this option are web interfaces to
voicemail or an email client in the case of using IMAP storage.
* ChanIsAvail() now has a 't' option, which allows the specified device
to be queried for state without consulting the channel drivers. This
performs mostly a 'ChanExists' sort of function.
* SetCallerPres() has been replaced with the CALLERPRES() dialplan function
and is now deprecated.
* The cdr_sqlite module has been marked as deprecated in favor of
cdr_sqlite3_custom. It will potentially be removed from the tree
after Asterisk 1.6 is released.
* format_wav: The GAIN preprocessor definition and source code that used it
is removed. This change was made in response to user complaints of
choppiness or the clipping of loud signal peaks. To increasing the volume
of voicemail messages, use the 'volgain' option in voicemail.conf
* chan_sip.c: a small upgrade to support the "Record" button on the SNOM360,
which sends a sip INFO message with a "Record: on" or "Record: off"
header. If asterisk is set up (via features.conf) to accept "One Touch Monitor"
requests (by default, via '*1'), then the user-configured dialpad sequence
is generated, and recording can be started and stopped via this button. The
file names and formats are all controlled via the normal mechanisms. If the
user has not configured the automon feature, the normal "415 Unsupported media type"
is returned, and nothing is done.