* Low-level synchronization pipe routines for use by Wireshark/TShark
* and dumpcap
* Wireshark - Network traffic analyzer
* By Gerald Combs <email@example.com>
* Copyright 1998 Gerald Combs
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
* as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
* of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
* Low-level sync pipe interfaces.
* Maximum length of sync pipe message data. Must be < 2^24, as the
* message length is 3 bytes.
* XXX - this must be large enough to handle a Really Big Filter
* Expression, as the error message for an incorrect filter expression
* is a bit larger than the filter expression.
#define SP_MAX_MSG_LEN 4096
/* Size of buffer to hold decimal representation of
signed/unsigned 64-bit int */
#define SP_DECISIZE 20
* Indications sent out on the sync pipe (from child to parent).
#define SP_FILE 'F' /* the name of the recently opened file */
#define SP_ERROR_MSG 'E' /* error message */
#define SP_BAD_FILTER 'B' /* error message for bad capture filter */
#define SP_PACKET_COUNT 'P' /* count of packets captured since last message */
#define SP_DROPS 'D' /* count of packets dropped in capture */
#define SP_SUCCESS 'S' /* success indication, no extra data */
* Win32 only: Indications sent out on the signal pipe (from parent to child)
* (UNIX-like sends signals for this)
#define SP_QUIT 'Q' /* "gracefully" capture quit message (SIGUSR1) */
/* write a single message header to the recipient pipe */
pipe_write_header(int pipe_fd, char indicator, int length);
/* write a message to the recipient pipe in the standard format
(3 digit message length (excluding length and indicator field),
1 byte message indicator and the rest is the message).
If msg is NULL, the message has only a length and indicator. */
pipe_write_block(int pipe_fd, char indicator, const char *msg);
/** the child encountered an error, notify the parent */
sync_pipe_errmsg_to_parent(int pipe_fd, const char *error_msg,
const char *secondary_error_msg);
#endif /* sync_pipe.h */