Diffstat (limited to 'doc/README.packaging')
1 files changed, 10 insertions, 11 deletions
diff --git a/doc/README.packaging b/doc/README.packaging
index 0208a69955..d22fc2a85c 100644
@@ -1,32 +1,31 @@
Here's a brief list of information that might be useful to anyone
-distributing a software package containing Ethereal:
+distributing a software package containing Wireshark:
-1. The canonical location for every Ethereal source release is
+1. The canonical location for every Wireshark source release is
- http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/all-versions/, e.g.
+ http://www.wireshark.org/download/all-versions/, e.g.
If your packaging system downloads a copy of the Wireshark sources,
use this location.
-2. The Wireshark web site URL is http://www.ethereal.com/ .
+2. The Wireshark web site URL is http://www.wireshark.org/ .
3. Wireshark is released under the GNU General Public License. Make sure
your package complies with this license, or we send in the marmots.
-4. Ethereal and the "e" logo are registered trademarks of Ethereal, Inc.
+4. Wireshark and the "e" logo are registered trademarks of Wireshark, Inc.
5. Custom version information can be added by creating a file called
"version.conf". See make-version.pl for details. We recommend that
- you use this to differentiate your package from official Ethereal
+ you use this to differentiate your package from official Wireshark
-6. Ethereal icons can be found in the "image" directory of the Wireshark
- sources. Larger versions of the logo can be found at
- http://www.ethereal.com/~gerald/ethereal_logo/povray/ .
+6. Wireshark icons and logoscan be found in the "image" directory of the
+ Wireshark sources.
If you have a question not addressed here, send it to