1 files changed, 12 insertions, 150 deletions
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-Wireshark 0.99.5 Release Notes
+Wireshark Automated Build Release Notes
@@ -10,138 +10,19 @@ What is Wireshark?
- Bug Fixes
- The following vulnerabilities have been fixed. See the security
- advisory for details and a workaround.
- o The TCP dissector could hang or crash while reassembling HTTP
- packets. (Bug 1200)
- Versions affected: 0.99.2 to 0.99.4
- o The HTTP dissector could crash.
- Versions affected: 0.99.3 to 0.99.4
- o On some systems, the IEEE 802.11 dissector could crash.
- Versions affected: 0.10.14 to 0.99.4
- o On some systems, the LLT dissector could crash.
- Versions affected: 0.99.3 to 0.99.4
- The following bugs have been fixed:
- o On Windows systems the packet list scroll bar could sometimes
- disappear or become unusable. (Bug 220)
- o The end of HTTP chunked encoding wasn't being displayed.
- (Bug 646)
- o The Follow TCP Stream window could omit characters. (Bug
- o Opening a flow graph could crash Wireshark. (Bug 1117)
- o Follow TCP Stream would sometimes get the direction wrong.
- (Bug 1138)
- o The foreground text in the coloring rules editor was always
- black.. (Bug 1164)
- o The CSV export format was incorrect. (Bug 1173)
- o On some Windows systems Wireshark could take a long time to
- start up.
- o Malformed UDLD packets could cause an exception.
- o The ISUP statistics report could overflow a buffer and crash
- when displaying IPv6 addresses.
- New and Updated Features
- The following features are new (or have been significantly
- updated) since the last release:
- o We are now offering Wireshark as a U3 package for Windows.
- U3 packages are suitable for using on USB drives and CD-ROMs.
- It's still experimental, but you're welcome to try it out and
- report any problems or successes.
- o Decryption support for WPA/WPA2 and SNMPv3 has been added. The
- TDS / MS SQL dissector now de-obfuscates passwords.
- o 64-bit file handling has been improved.
- o The Find function now selects the corresponding packet detail
- item. Find functionality has been added to the TCP and SSL
- stream dialogs.
- o Main window keyboard navigation has been improved.
- o Windows file dialogs now show the "places" bar (Desktop, My
- Documents, My Computer, My Network Places, etc). File dialogs
- now default to "My Documents" in accordance with Microsoft's
- o AirPcap support (which provides raw mode capture under
- Windows) has been enhanced to allow capturing on multiple
- AirPcap adapters simultaneously.
- o You can no longer install Wireshark on Windows 95, 98, or ME.
- (OK, so it's not a feature per se, but it's an important
- change). The last version known to work on these systems is
- Ethereal 0.99.0.
- o ASN.1 BER-encoded files can now be dissected according to a
- user-specified syntax.
- New Protocol Support
- DMP, Homeplug (INT51X1), NBD, OMAPI, PKCS#12, RGMP, Roofnet, STUN
- Updated Protocol Support
- 2dparityfec, ACN, AIM, AMR, ANSI 637, ANSI A, ANSI MAP, ARP, ASN.1
- BER, ASN.1 PER, BACapp, BPDU, CAMEL, DCERPC (DCERPC, EFS,
- EVENTLOG, NSPI, PN-IO, WINREG), DCOM CBA, DCP, DHCP, DHCPv6, DMP,
- DNS, E.164, EAP, EPL, ETSI DCP, FCP, GIOP, GSM A, H.245, H.248,
- HPSW, HTTP, ICMP, ICMPv6, IEEE 802.11, IMAP, INAP, IPMI, IPsec,
- IRC, ISAKMP, iSCSI, ISIS LSP, IuUP, K12, Kerberos, LDAP, LLDP,
- MEGACO, MGCP, MIME Multipart, MMS, MMSE, MSRP, MySQL, NetFlow,
- NFS, NTLMSSP, NTP, OSPF, PN-PTCP, PPPoE, Q.931, Radiotap, RADIUS,
- RPC, RSVP, RTCP, S4406, SCCP, SCSI, SDP, SES, sFlow, SIGCOMP, SIP,
- SIR, Skinny, SMB (SMB, NETLOGON), SMTP, SNMP, SPNEGO, SSL, T.38,
- TCP, TDS, text/media, TIPC, UDLD, UDP Lite, UDP, UMA, UMTS FP,
- USB, VNC, WBXML, WLCCP, WSP, X.411, X.420, XML, XOT, YMSG
- New and Updated Capture File Support
- Catapult DCT2000, Netttl, Windows Sniffer / NetXray
+ Please review the SVN log to get a list of all changes
Wireshark source code and installation packages are available from
- the download page on the main web site.
+ the download page on the main web site.
Most Linux and Unix vendors supply their own Wireshark packages.
You can usually install or upgrade Wireshark using the package
management system specific to that platform. A list of third-party
- packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark
+ packages can be found on the download page on the Wireshark
@@ -153,44 +34,25 @@ File Locations
- The Filter button is nonfunctional in the file dialogs under
- Windows. (Bug 942)
+ See: http://wiki.wireshark.org/KnownBugs
Community support is available on the wireshark-users mailing
list. Subscription information and archives for all of Wireshark's
- mailing lists can be found on the web site.
+ mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Commercial support, training, and development services are
- available from CACE Technologies.
+ available from CACE Technologies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
+ A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
- 1. http://www.wireshark.org/security/wnpa-sec-2007-01.html
- 2. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1200
- 3. http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-0459
- 4. http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-0458
- 5. http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-0457
- 6. http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-0456
- 7. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=220
- 8. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=646
- 9. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1043
- 10. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1117
- 11. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1138
- 12. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1164
- 13. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1173
- 14. http://www.u3.com/
- 15. http://www.cacetech.com/products/airpcap.htm
- 16. http://www.ethereal.com/
- 17. http://www.wireshark.org/download.html
- 18. http://www.wireshark.org/download.html#otherplat
- 19. http://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=942
- 20. http://www.wireshark.org/lists/
- 21. http://www.cacetech.com/
- 22. http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html
+ 1. http://www.wireshark.org/download.html
+ 2. http://www.wireshark.org/lists/
+ 3. http://www.cacetech.com/
+ 4. http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html