|author||João Valverde <email@example.com>||2016-02-19 06:14:10 +0000|
|committer||João Valverde <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-03-03 03:49:08 +0000|
autotools: Use explicit zlib dependency build flags
Use pkg-config if a zlib.pc file is available. Remove the now redundant AC_TRY_LINK_FUNC test (there are no linker flags for GTK+ here). Change-Id: I7de744749eba7231ae0097b975144b76ffcf1bdb Reviewed-on: https://code.wireshark.org/review/14263 Petri-Dish: João Valverde <email@example.com> Tested-by: Petri Dish Buildbot <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed-by: João Valverde <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'acinclude.m4')
1 files changed, 40 insertions, 60 deletions
diff --git a/acinclude.m4 b/acinclude.m4
index b432d4cea2..b467ef75bf 100644
@@ -593,31 +593,45 @@ AC_DEFUN([AC_WIRESHARK_PCAP_REMOTE_CHECK],
- if test "x$zlib_dir" != "x"
+ if test "x$zlib_dir" = "x"
- # The user specified a directory in which zlib resides,
- # so add the "include" subdirectory of that directory to
- # the include file search path and the "lib" subdirectory
- # of that directory to the library search path.
- # XXX - if there's also a zlib in a directory that's
- # already in CPPFLAGS or LDFLAGS, this won't make us find
- # the version in the specified directory, as the compiler
- # and/or linker will search that other directory before it
- # searches the specified directory.
- CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I$zlib_dir/include"
- AC_WIRESHARK_ADD_DASH_L(LDFLAGS, $zlib_dir/lib)
+ PKG_WIRESHARK_CHECK_SYSTEM_MODULES(ZLIB, [zlib], [zlib_found=yes], [zlib_found=no])
+ if test x"$zlib_found" != xyes; then
+ if test "x$zlib_dir" != "x"; then
+ # The user specified a directory in which zlib resides,
+ # so add the "include" subdirectory of that directory to
+ # the include file search path and the "lib" subdirectory
+ # of that directory to the library search path.
+ AC_WIRESHARK_ADD_DASH_L(ZLIB_LIBS, [$zlib_dir/lib])
+ AX_APPEND_FLAG(-lz, ZLIB_LIBS)
- # Make sure we have "zlib.h". If we don't, it means we probably
- # don't have zlib, so don't use it.
+ # Make sure we have "zlib.h".
+ CPPFLAGS="$ZLIB_CFLAGS $CPPFLAGS"
+ # We link with zlib to support uncompression of
+ # gzipped network traffic, e.g. in an HTTP request
+ # or response body.
if test "x$zlib_dir" != "x"
@@ -641,58 +655,24 @@ AC_DEFUN([AC_WIRESHARK_ZLIB_CHECK],
# We couldn't find the header file; don't use the
# library, as it's probably not present.
+ AC_MSG_NOTICE(zlib.h not found - disabling gzip compression and decompression)
- if test "x$want_zlib" != "xno"
+ if test "x$have_zlib" != "xno"
- # Well, we at least have the zlib header file.
- # We link with zlib to support uncompression of
- # gzipped network traffic, e.g. in an HTTP request
- # or response body.
- if test "x$zlib_dir" != "x"
- WS_CPPFLAGS="$WS_CPPFLAGS -I$zlib_dir/include"
- AC_WIRESHARK_ADD_DASH_L(WS_LDFLAGS, $zlib_dir/lib)
- LIBS="$LIBS -lz"
- AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBZ, 1, [Define to use libz library])
# Check for "inflatePrime()" in zlib, which we need
# in order to read compressed capture files.
- if test "x$ac_cv_func_inflatePrime" = "xyes" ; then
- # Now check for "inflatePrime()" in zlib when
- # linking with the linker flags for GTK+
- # applications; people often grab XFree86 source
- # and build and install it on their systems,
- # and they appear sometimes to misconfigure
- # XFree86 so that, even on systems with zlib,
- # it assumes there is no zlib, so the XFree86
- # build process builds and installs its
- # own zlib in the X11 library directory.
- # The zlib in at least some versions of XFree86
- # is an older version that may lack "inflatePrime()",
- # and that's the zlib with which Wireshark gets
- # linked, so the build of Wireshark fails.
- AC_MSG_CHECKING([for inflatePrime missing when linking with X11])
- AC_TRY_LINK_FUNC(inflatePrime, AC_MSG_RESULT(no),
- AC_MSG_ERROR(old zlib found when linking with X11 - get rid of old zlib.)
+ LIBS="$ZLIB_LIBS $LIBS"
+ [AC_MSG_NOTICE(inflatePrime not found - disabling gzipped capture file support)])