|author||Jeff Morriss <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2015-02-25 21:29:10 -0500|
|committer||Jeff Morriss <email@example.com>||2015-02-26 03:36:15 +0000|
Actually define HAVE_GETADDRINFO if we find it.
AC_CHECK_FUNC() doesn't define HAVE_XXX but AC_CHECK_FUNCS() does. And AC_CHECK_LIBS() certainly doesn't define HAVE_<function>. Also remove some ancient comments. Change-Id: I49d701bb96d3bd3c55c4beb99d532e397ec554ad Reviewed-on: https://code.wireshark.org/review/7400 Petri-Dish: Jeff Morriss <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tested-by: Petri Dish Buildbot <email@example.com> Reviewed-by: Jeff Morriss <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'acinclude.m4')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 17 deletions
diff --git a/acinclude.m4 b/acinclude.m4
index dba599c2ce..6db1b966eb 100644
@@ -270,25 +270,15 @@ yes
-# Checks whether we need "-lnsl" to get "getaddrinfo()", which we use
-# in "addr_resolv.c".
-# Adapted from stuff in the AC_PATH_XTRA macro in "acspecific.m4" in
-# GNU Autoconf 2.13; the comment came from there.
-# Done by Guy Harris <email@example.com> on 2000-01-14.
+# Checks whether we have "getaddrinfo()" and whether we need "-lnsl" to get it.
- # Comments below apply to gethostbyname(), from which this was
- # migrated:
- # firstname.lastname@example.org says -lnsl (and -lsocket) are needed for his 386/AT,
- # to get the SysV transport functions.
- # email@example.com says the Pyramid MIS-ES running DC/OSx (SVR4)
- # needs -lnsl.
- # The nsl library prevents programs from opening the X display
- # on Irix 5.2, according to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AC_CHECK_FUNC(getaddrinfo, ,
- AC_CHECK_LIB(nsl, getaddrinfo, NSL_LIBS="-lnsl"))
+ AC_CHECK_FUNCS(getaddrinfo, ,
+ AC_CHECK_LIB(nsl, getaddrinfo,
+ AC_DEFINE(HAVE_GETADDRINFO, 1, [Defined if we have getaddrinfo])