|author||Gerald Combs <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2015-10-15 14:45:45 -0700|
|committer||Gerald Combs <email@example.com>||2015-10-16 20:40:28 +0000|
Keep CMake from finding Cygwin's Python.
Try to find Python and set PYTHON_EXECUTABLE on Windows via the registry prior to calling FindPythonInterp. This works around a bug in CMake that prefers Cygwin's Python, which is a symlink, which by default is a text file that contains a Cygwin-specific cookie, which is therefore useless outside of Cygwin. This is avoids the need to pass -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=... to CMake. Change-Id: Ife37221b61d920682c20357b6d139a93067a5ad1 Reviewed-on: https://code.wireshark.org/review/11071 Petri-Dish: Gerald Combs <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tested-by: Petri Dish Buildbot <email@example.com> Reviewed-by: Gerald Combs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'README.cmake')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/README.cmake b/README.cmake
index 41edb8ad72..2d6f2d75dc 100644
@@ -90,15 +90,13 @@ How to do an out of tree build using Visual C++ 2013:
1c) set QT5_BASE_DIR=C:\Qt\5.4.1\5.4\msvc2013_opengl (must match the Qt component path
on your system)
1d) If you want to use Visual Studio to build rather than msbuild from the command line,
- make sure that the paths to Python and Cygwin are available to GUI applications.
- The Python path MUST come first.
+ make sure that the path to Cygwin is available to GUI applications.
2) mkdir c:\wireshark\build or as appropriate for you.
You will need one build directory for each bitness (win32, win64) you wish to build.
3) cd into the directory from 2) above.
4) Run the following to generate the build files:
- cmake -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/path/to/python -DENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on xxx path\to\sources
- where /path/to/python is the path to your Windows python executable, e.g. C:/Python27/python
- and path\to\sources is the absolute or relative path to the wireshark source tree
+ cmake -DENABLE_CHM_GUIDES=on xxx path\to\sources
+ where path\to\sources is the absolute or relative path to the wireshark source tree
and xxx is replaced with one of the following:
nothing - This will build a VS solution for win32 using the latest version of VS found (preferred).
-G "Visual Studio 12" ("12" builds for VS2013. Use "11" for VS2012 or "10" for VS2010.)