|author||Jeff Morriss <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2015-01-09 16:47:44 -0500|
|committer||Anders Broman <email@example.com>||2015-01-12 05:17:07 +0000|
Add DJI UAV Drone Control Protocol to the list of new protocols.
(This change also brings NEWS up to date with release-notes.asciidoc) Change-Id: Ie61c27901947210ddf95bbb1bb8c36e489bc0c8c Reviewed-on: https://code.wireshark.org/review/6456 Reviewed-by: Anders Broman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'NEWS')
1 files changed, 19 insertions, 20 deletions
@@ -30,12 +30,6 @@ What's New
+ The VoIP Calls and SIP Flows dialogs have been added.
+ Support for HiDPI / Retina displays has been improved in the
- * DNS stats:
- + A new stats tree has been added to the Statistics menu. Now it
- is possible to collect stats such as qtype/qclass distribution,
- number of resource record per response section, and stats data
- (min, max, avg) for values such as query name length or DNS
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated)
since version 1.12.0:
@@ -65,9 +59,10 @@ What's New
(LISP) TCP Control Message, AllJoyn Reliable Datagram Protocol, Android
ADB, Android Logcat text, ceph, corosync/totemnet, corosync/totemsrp,
- Couchbase, CP "Cooper" 2179, Dynamic Source Routing (RFC 4728),
- Elasticsearch, Generic Network Virtualization Encapsulation (Geneve),
- GVSP, HiQnet, IPMI Trace, iSER, KNXnetIP, MCPE (Minecraft Pocket
+ Couchbase, CP "Cooper" 2179, DJI UAV Drone Control Protocol, Dynamic
+ Source Routing (RFC 4728), Elasticsearch, Generic Network
+ Virtualization Encapsulation (Geneve), GVSP, HiQnet, IPMI Trace, iSER,
+ KNXnetIP, MACsec Key Agreement - EAPoL-MKA, MCPE (Minecraft Pocket
Edition), OptoMMP, RakNet games library, Riemann, S7 Communication,
Shared Memory Communications - RDMA, and Stateless Transport Tunneling
@@ -83,8 +78,8 @@ What's New
Major API Changes
The libwireshark API has undergone some major changes:
- * Many of the ep_ and se_ memory allocation routines have been
+ * Many of the ep_ and se_ memory allocation routines and methods that
+ invoked them implicitly have been removed.
* The (long-since-broken) Python bindings support has been removed.
If you want to write dissectors in something other than C, use Lua.
@@ -136,24 +131,27 @@ Known Problems
The 64-bit version of Wireshark will leak memory on Windows when the
display depth is set to 16 bits (Bug 9914)
+ Wireshark should let you work with multiple capture files. (Bug
- Community support is available on Wireshark's Q&A site and on the
+ Community support is available on Wireshark's Q&A site and on the
wireshark-users mailing list. Subscription information and archives for
- all of Wireshark's mailing lists can be found on the web site.
+ all of Wireshark's mailing lists can be found on the web site.
Official Wireshark training and certification are available from
- Wireshark University.
+ Wireshark University.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
+ A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
- Last updated 2014-12-10 19:56:16 UTC
+ Last updated 2015-01-09 21:47:07 UTC
@@ -170,7 +168,8 @@ References
- 14. http://ask.wireshark.org/
- 15. https://www.wireshark.org/lists/
- 16. http://www.wiresharktraining.com/
- 17. https://www.wireshark.org/faq.html
+ 14. https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10488
+ 15. http://ask.wireshark.org/
+ 16. https://www.wireshark.org/lists/
+ 17. http://www.wiresharktraining.com/
+ 18. https://www.wireshark.org/faq.html