|author||Gerald Combs <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-07-14 11:05:17 -0700|
|committer||Gerald Combs <email@example.com>||2016-07-14 18:14:47 +0000|
Change-Id: I2895d29415bb191bf2d7fc0a4468f085085bd4d9 Reviewed-on: https://code.wireshark.org/review/16437 Reviewed-by: Gerald Combs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'NEWS')
1 files changed, 30 insertions, 9 deletions
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
- Wireshark 2.1.0 Release Notes
+ Wireshark 2.1.1 Release Notes
This is a semi-experimental release intended to test new features for
@@ -15,7 +15,24 @@ What's New
New and Updated Features
The following features are new (or have been significantly updated)
+ since version 2.1.0:
+ * Added -d option for Decode As support in Wireshark (mimics TShark
+ * The Qt UI, GTK+ UI, and TShark can now export packets as JSON.
+ TShark can additionally export packets as Elasticsearch-compatible
+ * The Qt UI now supports the -j, -J, and -l flags. The -m flag is now
+ * The Conversations and Endpoints dialogs are more responsive when
+ viewing large numbers of items.
+ * The RTP player now allows up to 30 minutes of silence frames.
+ * Packet bytes can now be displayed as EBCDIC.
+ * The Qt UI loads captures faster on Windows.
+ The following features are new (or have been significantly updated)
since version 2.0.0:
+ * The intelligent scroll bar now sits to the left of a normal scroll
+ bar and provides a clickable map of nearby packets.
* You can now switch between between Capture and File Format
dissection of the current capture file via the View menu in the Qt
@@ -39,6 +56,8 @@ What's New
* The Follow Stream dialog now supports UTF-16.
* The Firewall ACL Rules dialog has returned.
* The Flow (Sequence) Analysis dialog has been improved.
+ * We no longer provide packages for 32-bit versions of OS X.
+ * The Bluetooth Device details dialog has been added.
New File Format Decoding Support
@@ -56,14 +75,16 @@ What's New
Bluetooth Pseudoheader for BR/EDR, CISCO ERSPAN3 Marker, Edge Control
Protocol (ECP), Ericsson IPOS Kernel Packet Header Dissector Added
(IPOS), Extensible Control & Management Protocol (eCMP), FLEXRAY
- Protocol dissector added (automotive bus), ISO 8583-1, ISO14443, ITU-T
- G.7041/Y.1303 Generic Framing Procedure (GFP), LAT protocol (DECNET),
- Metamako trailers, Nokia Intelligent Service Interface (ISI), Open
+ Protocol dissector added (automotive bus), IEEE 802.1BR E-Tag, ISO
+ 8583-1, ISO14443, ITU-T G.7041/Y.1303 Generic Framing Procedure (GFP),
+ LAT protocol (DECNET), Metamako trailers, Network-Based IP Flow
+ Mobility (NBIFOM), Nokia Intelligent Service Interface (ISI), Open
Mobile Alliance Lightweight Machine to Machine TLV payload Added (LwM2M
- TLV), RTI TCP Transport Layer (RTITCP), STANAG 5602 SIMPLE, USB3 Vision
- Protocol (USB machine vision cameras), USBIP Protocol, UserLog
- Protocol, and Zigbee Protocol Clusters Dissectors Added (Closures
- Lighting General Measurement & Sensing HVAC Security & Safety)
+ TLV), Real Time Location System (RTLS), RTI TCP Transport Layer
+ (RTITCP), STANAG 5602 SIMPLE, USB3 Vision Protocol (USB machine vision
+ cameras), USBIP Protocol, UserLog Protocol, and Zigbee Protocol
+ Clusters Dissectors Added (Closures Lighting General Measurement &
+ Sensing HVAC Security & Safety)
Updated Protocol Support
@@ -155,7 +176,7 @@ Frequently Asked Questions
A complete FAQ is available on the Wireshark web site.
- Last updated 2016-06-08 17:56:17 UTC
+ Last updated 2016-07-14 18:05:31 UTC