|author||João Valverde <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-03-25 21:26:47 +0000|
|committer||João Valverde <email@example.com>||2016-04-02 22:19:16 +0000|
Change-Id: I879e2457b8127404b8ddf12ed2d2ff8c90a49dc3 Reviewed-on: https://code.wireshark.org/review/14755 Petri-Dish: João Valverde <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tested-by: Petri Dish Buildbot <email@example.com> Reviewed-by: Alexis La Goutte <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed-by: João Valverde <email@example.com>
2 files changed, 7 insertions, 55 deletions
diff --git a/acinclude.m4 b/acinclude.m4
index 05b6f0e6c4..f625265235 100644
@@ -810,21 +810,6 @@ AC_DEFUN([AC_WIRESHARK_RPM_CHECK],
-# Checks if GNU sed is the first sed in PATH.
- AC_MSG_CHECKING(for GNU sed as first sed in PATH)
- if ( sh -c "sed --version" </dev/null 2> /dev/null | grep "GNU sed" 2>&1 > /dev/null ) ; then
diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
index bc0e283c3f..4217f29ec6 100644
@@ -66,6 +66,13 @@ then
+# Check for versions of "sed" inadequate to handle, in libtool, a list
+# of object files as large as the list in Wireshark.
# Set CC_FOR_BUILD (the *local* gcc to use for building e.g. lemon)
@@ -1466,46 +1473,6 @@ case "$host_os" in
-# Check for versions of "sed" inadequate to handle, in libtool, a list
-# of object files as large as the list in Wireshark.
-# On Solaris, we check for "/bin/sed", "/usr/bin/sed", and "/usr/ucb/sed",
-# as both "/usr/bin/sed" (which is also "/bin/sed", as "/bin" is just a
-# symlink to "/usr/bin", but people may have "/bin" before "/usr/bin" in
-# their search path) and "/usr/ucb/sed" are inadequate; "/usr/xpg4/bin/sed"
-# is the only "sed" that comes with Solaris that can handle Wireshark.
-# Add any checks here that are necessary for other OSes.
-if test "x$SED" = x
- AC_MSG_ERROR(I couldn't find sed; make sure it's installed and in your path)
-if test "$HAVE_GNU_SED" = no ; then
- case "$host_os" in
- AC_MSG_CHECKING(whether one of /usr/bin/sed or /bin/sed or /usr/ucb/sed will be used)
- case `which sed` in
- AC_MSG_ERROR([change your path to search /usr/xpg4/bin or directory containing GNU sed before /usr/bin (and /bin and /usr/ucb)])
# Enable/disable wireshark