TRX toolkit is a set of tools intended for hacking and debugging
a TRX interface between both transceiver and L1 software, and
emulating a virtual Um-interface between OsmocomBB and OsmoBTS.
Brief description of available applications:
- fake_trx.py - main application, that allows to connect both
OsmocomBB and OsmoBTS without actual RF hardware. Currently
only a single MS may work with a single BTS.
- clck_gen.py - a peripheral tool aimed to emulate TDMA frame
clock generator. Could be used for testing and clock
synchronization of multiple applications. It should be noted,
that one relays on generic system timer (via Python), so
a random clock jitter takes place.
- ctrl_cmd.py - another peripheral tool, which could be used
for sending CTRL commands directly in manual mode, and also
for application fuzzing.
- burst_gen.py - a tool for sending GSM bursts either to L1
(OsmoBTS or OsmocomBB) or to TRX (OsmoTRX and GR-GSM TRX).
Currently it is only possible to generate random bursts of
different types: NB, FB, SB, AB.
- burst_send.py - a tool for sending existing bursts from a
capture file either to L1 (OsmoBTS or OsmocomBB) or to
TRX (e.g. OsmoTRX or GR-GSM TRX).
- trx_sniff.py - Scapy-based TRX protocol sniffer. Allows one
to observe a single connection between TRX and L1, and vice
versa. Also provides some capabilities for filtering bursts
by direction, frame and timeslot numbers, and for recording
captured messages to a binary file.
Please note that TRX toolkit is not using libosmocore's CTRL
interface, so 'CTRL' in scope of this code base actually means
control interface of TRX or control protocol. In order to avoid
possible confusion, we use 'TRXC' and 'TRXD' in logging.