|author||Neels Hofmeyr <email@example.com>||2016-01-28 13:01:55 +0100|
|committer||Neels Hofmeyr <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-01-28 13:36:07 +0100|
openbsc/README: some fixes, add CSCN and Iu*
OsmoNITB stated to include BTS, should be BSC. Reword some outdated statements. Add OsmoCSCN and mention IuCS and IuPS interfaces.
Diffstat (limited to 'openbsc')
1 files changed, 10 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/openbsc/README b/openbsc/README
index ec6f9c8cc..88ea32844 100644
@@ -8,15 +8,16 @@ implementing protocol stacks and functional elements, including
* OsmoBSC - a pure GSM BSC, speaking Abis/IP to the BTS and A/IP to the MSC
* OsmoBSC-MGCP - MGCP helper to the OsmoBSC software
- * OsmoNITB - a BTS+MSC+VLR+HLR+SMSC "Network in the box".
- * OsmoSGSN - a GPRS SGSN with Gb interface over IP towards the PCU
+ * OsmoNITB - a BSC+MSC+VLR+HLR+SMSC "Network in the box".
+ * OsmoCSCN - a voice CN with A/IP and IuCS/IP towards the BSC and/or HNB-GW
+ * OsmoSGSN - a GPRS SGSN with Gb/IP and IuPS/IP towards the PCU and/or HNB-GW
* Osmo-GbProxy - a Proxy to aggregate many Gb links as one Gb link to the SGSN
- * OsmoBSCNAT - a gateay aggregating many A links as one A link to the MSC
+ * OsmoBSCNAT - a gateway aggregating many A links as one A link to the MSC
* OsmoGTPHUB - a hub aggregating many GTP links (between SGSN and GGSN)
* ipaccess-utils - some tools to discover + configure ip.access nanoBTS
* bs11_config - a tool to configure the Siemens BS-11 microBTS
-The currently supported interfaces towards the BTS are:
+Various interfaces towards the BTS are supported, among which are:
* Classic A-bis over E1 using a mISDN based E1 interface. In other
words, you can connect existing GSM Base Transceiver Station (BTS)
@@ -29,7 +30,10 @@ The currently supported interfaces towards the BTS are:
product family, as well as SDR transceivers supported by OsmoTRX, such as
the UmTRX or USRP boardss.
-You can find some unfortunately relatively unmaintained project documentation at
+ * IuCS and IuPS over IP towards an HNB-GW (see osmo-iuh) for UMTS (3G)
+ voice and data links.
+Find OpenBSC online at
Harald Welte <email@example.com>